This article is about an old version of Website Builder and is no longer updated. Please check our new guides instead: Website Builder guides for the current version.
- Step 1 - Sign up with Disqus
- Step 2 - Generate code
- Step 3 - Add code to Website Builder
- Step 4 - Publish your site
Website Builder has no built-in support for adding a guestbook. Instead you can use the code component to add a third party guestbook to your site. We recommend using Disqus.
Disqus is a free platform that allows visitors to place comments on your website. Disqus earns its money with advertising, but if you have a personal or non-profit site you can turn this off.
For more information about how Disqus works and how you sign up please check out their website.
Step 1 - Sign up with Disqus
First you need to create an account with Disqus and add your website.
Step 2 - Generate code
Once you are set up with Disqus, it's time to insert your guestbook in Website Builder. To do this you need to generate the embed code for your guestbook.
- At Disqus go to Settings, then Installation and click Universal code.
- Select the generated code and copy it.
Step 3 - Add code to Website Builder
- Open website Builder and go to the page where you want to insert your guestbook.
- Go to the Components tab and drag a code component in your page.
- Paste in the code you copied from Disqus and click Save.
- Enter a title for the component.
- Set Placement to Normal.
- Adjust the size and placement of the component to your liking.
Step 4 - Publish your site
Click Save and Publish to make your changes available online.
Tip: Make the guestbook fit with the look of your site site by adding a background or border.