Install the One Photo app on your iPhone or iPad and automatically back up your photos and videos to your One Photo gallery.
If you have an Android device or Windows or Mac computer, check out our other guides.
- Set up One Photo automatic backup on Android
- Set up One Photo automatic backup on Windows
- Set up One Photo automatic backup on Mac
Get the app
In the iPhone / iPad app you can create collections, add comments or share with others, just like in the web version of One Photo. Follow the three steps to get the app installed and get started.
The One Photo app is supported on devices with iOS 8.1 and above.
Step 1 - Install app
- Open the App Store on your device and locate the app called "One Photo - Gallery", made by One.com A/S.
- Download and install the app on your device.
Step 2 - Sign in
- Open the app on your device and tap Log in.
- Enter the email address you use to log in to your gallery and the password.
- Tap Log in now.
Step 3 - Set up backup
- Check the box for Yes, safely back up my photos from the camera to automatically back up your photos to One Photo gallery.
- If you selected automatic backup, select if you want to back up when you are connected to wifi only, or also when using mobile data.
- Tap OK.
You can always change your settings for backup and uploads, for example when you travel abroad.
- From All photos, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
- In the menu tab that slides open, tap the cog icon in the top right corner.
- Under Storage you can see how much space you are using and how many files you have in the gallery. You can also clear the cache from here.
- Under Backup you can enable or disable automatic backup and set whether to back up when using mobile data.
Add and remove photos from collections, add a description or share your whole collection with friends and family.
- Go to My collections in the app on your iPhone / iPad.
- Tap on a collection to open it.
- Tap the title or description to edit it.
- Tap the menu in the top right corner to add or select multiple photos, to create a share link or to delete it.
You can manage each photo separately
Under All Photos, tap a photo to enlarge it. Use the menu at the bottom to perform different actions.
- Tap the garbage bin to move the photo to the trash.
- Tap the plus icon to add the photo to a new or existing collection.
- Tap the comment icon to add comments or read comments from other users.
- Tap the eye icon to make the photo private or public.
- Tap the share icon to create a share link for this photo.
Upload images manually
If you didn't select automatic backup, you can still upload photos and videos manually. There are two ways to do this:
1 - Upload photos from Camera roll
- Under All photos, tap the menu in the top right corner and tap Select.
- Tap on each photo that you want to select to be uploaded.
- Tap on the upload icon in the bottom right corner.
2 - Upload photos from Albums
- Go to All Photos.
- Tap the menu in the top right corner; it looks like three dots.
- Tap Upload.
- Choose from which album you want to upload.
- Select the images you want to upload and tap Done in the top right corner.