Install the One Photo app on your Android device and automatically back up your photos and videos to your One Photo gallery.
If you have an iPad, iPhone or desktop, check out our other guides.
- Set up One Photo automatic backup on iPhone / iPad
- Set up One Photo automatic backup on Windows
- Set up One Photo automatic backup on Mac
Get the app
In the Android app you can create collections, add comments or share with others, just like in the web version of One Photo. Follow just three steps to get the app installed and get started.
The One Photo app is supported on Android 4.1 and above.
Step 1 - Install app
- Open Google Playstore on your device and locate the app called One Photo, made by One.com A/S.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Tap Accept to give One Photo access to your files and device ID.
Step 2 - Sign in
- Open the app on your device and tap Sign in.
- Enter your domain, the email address you use to sign on your gallery and the password.
- Tap Sign in now.
Step 3 - Set up backup
- Check the box for Yes, safely back up my photos from the camera to automatically back up your photos to One Photo gallery.
- If you selected automatic backup, choose if you want to back up when you are connected to wifi only, or also when using mobile data.
- Tap OK.
You can always change your settings for backup and uploads, for example when you travel abroad.
- From All Photos, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
- In the menu tab that slides open, tap the cog icon in the top right corner.
- Under Storage you can see how much space you are using and how many files you have in the gallery. You can also clear the cache from here.
- Under Backup you can enable or disable automatic backup and set whether to backup when using mobile data.
Add and remove photos from collections, add a description or share your whole collection with friends and family.
- Go to My collections in the app on your Android device.
- Tap on a collection to open it.
- Tap the title or description to edit it.
- Tap the menu in the top right corner to add or select multiple photos, to create a share link or to delete it.
You can manage each photo seperately.
Under All Photos, tap a photo to enlarge it. Use the menu at the bottom to perform different actions.
- Tap the garbage bin to move the photo to the trash.
- Tap the eye icon to make the photo private or public.
- Tap the comment icon to add comments or read comments from other users.
- Tap the plus icon to add the photo to a new or existing collection.
- Tap the share icon to create a share link for this photo.
Upload images manually
If you didn't select automatic backup, you can still upload photos and videos manually.
- Go to All Photos.
- Tap the menu in the top right corner; it looks like three dots.
- Tap Upload.
- Choose if you want to upload from the camera roll or folders.
- Select the images you want to upload and tap the upload icon in the top right corner.