You need an SSH client on your computer.
- On Mac you can use Terminal which is included by default.
- On Windows-based computers you can install a third-party application like PuTTY.
When connecting via SSH use this info:
Password: the one you chose for SSH in your Control Panel
Remember to replace one-example.com with your own domain.
Connect to your web space via an SSH client:
- Open your SSH client
- Type ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
(replace one-example.com with your own domain)
- If this is the first time you are connecting, confirm the authenticity of the host by typing yes
- Enter your password. Please note that you will not see any characters typed or your cursor moving. This is a standard security feature for terminals.
- Press Enter
Everything is now ready for you to start typing commands.