one.com's 1-click WordPress consists of the 1-click installer and the 1-click migration tool and is included in all our hosting plans starting from Explorer. With the 1-click installation tool for WordPress, you can quickly install WordPress in a few easy steps. Follow these step-by-step instructions to install WordPress on your web space with the 1-click installer.
- Step 1 - Click WordPress in the control panel
- Step 2 - Click New installation
- Step 3 - Select language and location
- Step 4 - Enter admin details
- Step 5 - Choose a title for your website
- Step 6 - Select a theme (optional)
- Step 7 - Done!
Step 1 - Click WordPress in the control panel
Log in to your one.com control panel and click WordPress.
Step 2 - Click New installation
Click New installation to create a new WordPress installation on your domain.
Step 3 - Select language and location
- Select a language for your WordPress administration.
- Choose a location for your website. You can place the installation on the main domain (root directory) or on a subdomain.
- Click Next.
- If you decide to place the installation on a subdomain, you need to choose a name for the subdomain in the next pop-up window, and then click Install.
Step 4 - Enter admin details
- Enter an admin email address. This will be your primary contact for WordPress, for example, if you forget your password.
- Enter the username, that you want to use to log in to your WordPress administration.
- Choose a secure password for your username. The bar underneath the password field will indicate if you have chosen a strong password.
- Click Next step.
Step 5 - Choose a title for your website
You need to choose a title and tagline for your WordPress site. You can always change it again later.
- Choose a title for your website; it will be visible in your browser tab.
- Enter a tagline for your website; it should be a short catchy quote that supports your title.
- Check the box to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- You have the option to discourage search engines from indexing your website.
- Click Next step.
Step 6 - Select a theme (optional)
You can select a one.com WordPress theme for your website. The themes are designed with ease of use in mind. Our themes support the import of demo data so that you only need to replace text and images with your own.
Hover over a template and click Preview to see how your site would look. Click Install theme if you want to use this theme for your site.
Would you rather use another WordPress theme? Click Skip to start with the default WordPress theme.
Step 7 - Done!
That's all! Your WordPress site is ready. You are now logged into your WordPress dashboard and can start to personalise your site.