This step-by-step guide explains how to transfer your gTLD (.com, .net, .org) to One.com.
The transfer procedure for generic top-level domains is decided by ICANN and all registrars need to adhere to this.
Step 1 - Prepare your domain for transfer and request the Auth-ID
Before you start a transfer of a gTLD to another registrar, you need to do some preparations. Contact your current registrar if you need to make any changes.
- Make sure the domain is unlocked and the status is set to OK. You can check this in the WHOIS on whois.icann.org.
- Check if you have access to the email address that is associated with the domain. Update if needed.
- Request the Auth-ID to be sent to you by your current registrar.
Tip: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database and emails. Only your domain is transferred, content you need to move manually.
Step 2 - Place an order on our website
The next step is to place an order for web hosting on our website and activate it.
- Type in your domain in the search field located at the top of our website and click Enter.
- On the next page click the button This is my domain.
- Select the package you want and continue to complete the order.
After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email. If you paid online, your order will be activated automatically. If you chose bank transfer you need to activate the order with an SMS code.
Tip: The email address that you enter under Customer details will be your contact email address.
Step 3 - Approve the Domain Registration Agreement
In accordance with ICANN's rules, the registrant of the domain needs to approve the Domain Registration Agreement. The agreement explains our obligations to you, and your obligations to us when it comes to your domain.
- Open the email with the subject "Please accept the Domain Registration Agreement for...".
- Click the link in the email to approve.
Step 4 - Enter the Auth-ID
The next step is to provide us with the Auth-ID, also called EPP code. You should have received this from your current registrar.
- Open the order confirmation email you received from us. It was sent to your contact email address.
- Click Go to domain transfer page.
- Paste the Auth-ID in the provided field and click Transfer.
Step 5 - Wait for the transfer to complete
We will now send a request to transfer your domain to the current registrar.
An email will be sent to the same address where you received the Auth-ID to notify you about the transfer request.
In the email, it says what to do to deny the transfer, in case you change your mind and the date that the transfer will be completed when you don't do anything. Normally the transfer will be done 5 days after it was requested.
In some cases you have the option to actively approve the transfer to speed up the process, this depends on the registrar that is currently hosting the domain.
We will send you an email as soon as the transfer is completed.
Tip: Ask your current registrar to change the name servers for your domain to ours. Then you can start with your website right away. Our name servers are: ns01.one.com and ns02.one.com.