- Step 1 - Place an order on our website
- Step 2 - Activate your order
- Step 3 - Generate the Auth-ID (transfer code)
- Step 4 - Enter the Auth-ID
Step 1 - Place an order on our website
To start you need to place an order on our website for a web hosting subscription.
- Enter your domain in the search bar near the top of the page on our website and press enter.
- On the next page click Transfer and complete the rest of the order procedure.
Tip: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database and emails. Only your domain is transferred, content you need to move manually.
Step 2 - Activate your order
After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email.
- If you chose to pay by bank transfer, you need to manually activate your order by entering an SMS code on the activation page. You can find a link to the activation page in the confirmation email.
- If you have paid online (credit card, etc.), your order will be activated automatically.
Step 3 - Generate the Auth-ID (transfer code)
If you want to move the administration of the domain to one.com (if you want to make us the registrar) or if you want to use our name servers, you will need to generate an Auth-ID for the transfer. This can be done via the self-service at DK Hostmaster.
- Log into the DK Hostmaster self-service.
- Look up the domain that needs to be transferred and click on it.
- Go to the menu Manage authorisation codes on the right-hand side and select the link for the type of code you need. Please make sure that you select the one that matches your desired transfer option. Once you have selected a link, click Generate code.
Tip: If the domain is currently managed by another registrar, you can also ask them to send you the Auth-ID.
Step 4 - Enter the Auth-ID
- Open the order confirmation email you received from us. It was sent to your contact email address.
- Click Go to domain transfer page.
- Paste the Auth-ID in the provided field and click Transfer.
- Once the domain has been successfully transferred, you will receive an email informing you of this.