This step-by-step guide explains how to transfer your .it domain to One.com.
Step 1 - Check the registrant details and request an Authinfo code
When you transfer a .it domain to another registrar, you need an Authinfo code. The code will be sent to the email address that is registered on your domain.
- Search for your domain in the WHOIS on www.nic.it.
- Make sure the registrant email is up-to-date and the domain status is ok.
- Contact your current registrar (hosting provider) and request the Authinfo code.
Tip: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database and emails. Only your domain is transferred, content you need to move manually.
Step 2 - Place an order on our website
The next step is to place an order for web hosting on our website and activate it.
- Type in your domain in the top right corner on our website and click enter.
- On the next page click Yes, this is my domain.
- Select the package you want and continue to complete the order.
After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email. If you paid online, your order will be activated automatically. If you chose bank transfer you need to activate the order with an SMS code.
Tip: The email address that you enter under Customer details will be your contact email address.
Step 3 - Enter the Authinfo code
The next step is to provide us with the Authinfo, also called EPP code. You should have received this from your current registrar.
- Open the order confirmation email you received from us.
- Click Go to domain transfer page.
- Paste the Authinfo in the provided field and click Transfer.
From the moment you entered the Authinfor code it takes 10 work days until the domain is transferred. We will send you an email as soon as the transfer is completed.
Tip: Ask your current registrar to change the name servers for your domain to ours. Then you can start with your website right away. Our name servers are: ns01.one.com and ns02.one.com.