- Step 1 - Log into the one.com control panel
- Step 2 - Go to My products
- Step 3 - Go to Change owner
- Step 4 - Select what you want to change ownership of
- Step 5 - Enter the new owner details
- Step 6 - Copy the security code
- Step 7 - Confirm the owner change
- Step 8 - New owner: Start confirmation of the owner change
- Step 9 - New owner: Confirm your details
- Step 10 - New owner: Approve the domain registration agreement
- Step 11 - Wait for approval
You can change the owner of your domain and web space subscription from the control panel.
In some cases it's not possible to do it online, instead you need to use a PDF form. It will say in the control panel what method to use.
You can find the form in the control panel, or via the link below.
Before you continue:
In this guide we show you how to change the owner for both the domain and web space subscription, when both are registered on the same legal entity.
You can also select to change the owner of either the domain, or the web space and they can have different owners. In those cases the procedure will be slightly different. Please, contact our support if you have questions about this.
Step 1 - Log into the one.com control panel
Log into the one.com control panel and click on My Account in the top-right corner.
Step 2 - Go to My products
Click My products in the menu that appears.
Step 3 - Go to Change owner
Click the three dots for the domain that you want to change the details for, and select Change owner on the menu that appears.
Step 4 - Select what you want to change ownership of
You need to choose if you want to change ownership of the domain, web space subscription or both. In this guide we change ownership for both.
Select your preference and click Next.
Step 5 - Enter the new owner details
- Select what type of customer the new owner is.
- Enter the name and contact details for the new owner.
- Select whether the new owner for the domain will be the same. In this guide we selected yes.
- Click Next to continue.
Step 6 - Copy the security code
An email has been sent to your contact email address with a security code to validate that you are the owner.
Open the email in your inbox and copy the security code.
Note: If the email address registered for the domain is different from the web space subscription, two security codes will be sent, one to each address.
Step 7 - Confirm the owner change
- Paste the security code in the designated box.
- Check the box to confirm that you want to transfer all rights.
- If you change owner of a gTLD, you need to choose if you want to opt out of the 60 days lock.
- Click Next to continue.
Note: The following steps need to be done by the new owner.
Step 8 - New owner: Start confirmation of the owner change
An email has been sent to the email address of the new owner. Open the email and click Start owner change.
Step 9 - New owner: Confirm your details
At the top of the screen you see your customer details, please check if everything is correct.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Accept the terms for the owner change, including our terms of business; you need to check 4 boxes.
- Click 'To domain registration agreement' to continue.
Step 10 - New owner: Approve the domain registration agreement
Check the box to accept the Domain Registration Agreement and click Approve.
Note: This step is only part of the procedure if you are changing the owner for a generic top-level domain.
Step 11 - Wait for approval
Your owner change request is now being processed. It may take a couple of days before it is approved.
As soon as it has been approved, both the new and then previous owner will receive a confirmation via email. The new owner will also receive an invoice and login details.
Tip: If you haven't received any email from us after 3 days, we recommend you to contact our support.