- Step 1 - Select the text
- Step 2 - Click the link icon
- Step 3 - Choose where you want to link to
- Step 4 - Select if the link should open in a new window
- Step 5 - That's it!
Step 1 - Select the text
Click to edit the component and select the text you want to make into a link.
Step 2 - Click the link icon
Under Properties, click the link icon. It looks like a chain.
Step 3 - Choose where you want to link to
You can link to different items; choose where you want to link to.
- Page in Website Builder - Link to an existing page in Website Builder, for example your contact page.
- File - Link to a file that is stored on your web space, for example a pdf with your terms of business.
- External URL - Link to another website, maybe to an interesting article or guide.
- Email - Enter an email address that you want to link to. If a visitor clicks this link a new email is started in the users default email program.
Step 4 - Select if the link should open in a new window
You can select to make the link open in a new browser window. This can be a good idea if you are linking to an external site. That way your visitor still has your site opened.
This option is not available if you link to an email address.
Step 5 - That's it!
Click Save to create the link and click Publish to make it available online.
Tip: How the link looks is determined by your Global link styles. Click the Cog icon placed next to the Link icon to edit or create your link styles.