Yes, SSL is supported by your webshop.
Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL, is used to encrypt information transferred throughout the Internet. SSL allows visitors to navigate a website and submit information through a secure connection.
When you enable SSL for the first time, it takes up to 90 minutes before the certificate is verified and working.
How can I see that SSL is active?
When SSL is active, your shoppers will see two signs that they can shop securely:
- A closed lock icon in their browser
- A URL starting with "https://…"
Example of how it looks in Chrome:
What kind of certificate does One.com provide?
Your SSL cerificate at One.com is issued by Comodo. By activating SSL you agree with Comodo's Terms of Service.
The SSL certificate One.com provides is Level 1 PCI compliant and use 128 bit SSL encryption to ensure your customers' credit card data is safe and secure.
Note: It is currently not possible to install a custom SSL certificate
What is a SSL certificate?
A SSL cetificate contains a Digital signature that is created by using a Private key, that is designed to connect with a Public key.
SSL Certificate means a digitally signed electronic data file that contains:
- the identity of the person authorized to use the Digital Signature
- a copy of their Public Key
- a serial number
- a time period during which the data file may be used
- a Digital Signature issued by Comodo
Digital Signature means an encrypted electronic data file that:
- is attached to or combined with other electronic data
- identifies and is uniquely linked to the signatory of the electronic data
- created using the signatory's Private Key
- linked in a way so any following changes to the electronic data can be detected
Private Key means a confidential encrypted electronic data file that is:
- designed to connect with a Public Key using the same encryption algorithm
- used to create Digital Signatures
- used to decrypt files or messages encrypted with a Public Key
Public Key means a publicly available encrypted electronic data file that:
- is designed to connect with a Private Key using the same encryption algorithm
- is used to verify Digital Signatures and encrypt files or messages