- What is Visual Composer?
- How does Visual Composer work with One.com themes?
- How do I install the plugin?
- Where can I find more information on how to use it?
What is Visual Composer?
Visual Composer is a WordPress plugin that allows you to drag and drop elements to build and edit your WordPress site. You can easily add new text blocks, buttons, images, etc. Simply drag the element to the page and then adjust the properties to your liking.
It is developed by a third party, but integrates well with our themes and plugins.
How does Visual Composer work with One.com themes?
The Visual Composer plugin can be used to edit or create content on your page, not to edit elements that are part of the theme.
Examples of content on your page are text, images and blog posts. The theme determines the look of your site regarding what font is used, colors, widgets, etc. You can change the theme of your site, without changing the content.
There are a lot of different themes to choose from, each with different functionalities and options. A One.com theme can be customized on two places:
- Under Appearance > Customise, you can edit the title and tagline of your site, menus and widgets.
- On the theme page you can, among other things, adjust the color, fonts, layout and error page.
Depending on the theme you are using, and whether you have imported demo pages, the options will be different.
How do I install the plugin?
Visual Composer is available for installation from the One.com parent plugin. Don't have the One.com parent plugin yet? Check out our step-by-step guide to install it!
- Open your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the One.com plugin in the menu to the left and open the plugin tab.
- On Visual Composer click Install and then Activate.
- On the next screen, select a category, check the box to agree to the terms and click Activate now.
You can now use the Visual Composer to edit pages on your WordPress website.
Where can I find more information on how to use it?
For more information on how to use Visual Composer, we recommend you to check their help center. Here you can learn about the different options and elements you can add.