With RushFiles, your files are stored in folders called shares. You can manage your shares when accessing your RushFiles account via your browser. Here you can create, edit and delete shares, invite users to your share and create public links to share files.
Create a share
Once your RushFiles account is activated, your first share is automatically created. When you log in, you will be able to see it in your share list. Follow these simple steps to create a new share:
- Log into RushFiles in your browser on www.rushfiles.one with your email address and the password you have chosen.
- In the menu on the left, click Share list.
- Click New Share.
- Name your share and click Save.
Within the share, you can then create folders, or directly upload files to the share.
Invite users to a share
To optimise collaboration on shares, you can invite users to a share. You can give them permission to write or read files of a share. By selecting "Write" you give the user permission to view, download and edit files in that share. When you select "Read" the user has permission to view and download files, but not to edit.
- Select Share list in the menu on the left.
- Right-click on the share that you want to invite users to, and select Edit share.
- Click Invite users on the right.
- Type in the email address of the user you want to invite.
- You can leave a message for them in the field "text message".
- Choose the user permission in the selection menu Share rights.
- Click Invite.
Create a link to share files
If you want to share files or folders without inviting new users, you can create a public link to link to the file or folder in your share instead. You can set a password for the link and an expiry date for further security.
- Go to Share list in the menu on the left.
- Select the share and navigate to the folder/file that you want to create a link for.
- Right-click on the folder/file that you want to share and select Create public link.
- Secure your link with a password by selecting the box and choose a password.
- Select an expiry date for the link. The options vary between one day and up to 60 days. It is also possible to decide that the link should never expire.
- Click Save.
- You now get a link that you can copy and share with others.