- What is an add-on domain?
- What are the requirements for an add-on domain?
- What can I use an add-on domain for?
What is an add-on domain?
An add-on domain is a separate domain name you add to an existing web hosting subscription with One.com.
- It gives access to the same services as our Starter packages, but without the extra web space.
- You only pay for the yearly domain fee, which makes it a lot cheaper than a full hosting subscription.
What are the requirements for an add-on domain?
You can order as many add-on domains as you want, as long as:
- The add-on domain is linked to an existing web space and shares the same email address to log in.
- You have one of our Professional Plus or Business packages.
Note: It is not possible to order add-on domains with a Starter or Professional package. However, it's already cheaper to upgrade to a Professional Plus package, if you have 4 domains or more.
What can I use an add-on domain for?
An add-on domain has the same functionality as a full hosting subscription. You can, for example, use it to:
- Create another website - You can make a second website with Website Builder, create email addresses and set up a gallery with One Photo. Though you share the disk space of the hosting package, an add-on domain has a separate space and SFTP login.
- Attract more visitors with a redirect - You can redirect an add-on domain to your existing website to generate more traffic. For example, register a domain with a common misspelling of your main domain. That way your visitors will still end up on your website, even if they have typed your domain wrong.
Tip: We have made it very easy to redirect add-on domains to other domains under the same login. Click DNS settings on the Advanced settings tile in your control panel, type in the domain you want to redirect to and click Save.