Shop owners that are based in Europe can offer their customers to use iDEAL as a payment method. iDEAL is a popular payment system in the Netherlands. Only customers with a Dutch bank account can use it.
- Step 1 - Enable iDEAL in your webshop
- Step 2 - Go to Stripe account<
- Step 3 - Sign in to Stripe
- Step 4 - Activate iDEAL in your Stripe settings
- Step 5 - Confirm activation of iDEAL
- Step 6 - Provide additional information
- Step 7 - iDEAL has been activated
Note: Before you can enable iDEAL as a payment method in your webshop, you need to create a Stripe account and connect it to your webshop.
Don't have a Stripe account yet? Check our guide to help you get started: Getting started with Stripe
Step 1 - Enable iDEAL in your webshop
To start, you need to enable iDEAL in your webshop.
- Go to your webshop administration in the control panel.
- Click Settings > Checkout.
- Check the box for iDEAL.
Step 2 - Go to Stripe account
You will now be redirected to your Stripe account, where you need to activate iDEAL.
Click Go to Stripe account.
Step 3 - Sign in to Stripe
Enter your Stripe login details and click Sign in to your account.
Step 4 - Activate iDEAL in your Stripe settings
- In your Stripe dashboard, click Payments in the menu to the left.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top.
- Next to iDEAL, click Activate.
Step 5 - Confirm activation of iDEAL
By activating iDEAL, you agree to Stripe's terms of service and the iDEAL addendum.
Click Activate to continue.
Step 6 - Provide additional information
To activate iDEAL as a payment method, you need to enter your personal ID number.
- Enter your personal number and click Update.
Step 7 - iDEAL has been activated
Stripe will notify you via email as soon as iDEAL has been activated. This may take up to 30 minutes. Please contact Stripe support if iDEAL doesn't go "Live".
Note: As soon as iDEAL has been activated in Stripe, it will be available as a payment method in your webshop.
If you want to disable iDEAL again in the future, you can simply uncheck the box under Settings in your webshop administration.