Shopowners that are based in Europe can offer their customers to use Giropay as a payment method. Giropay is a popular payment system in Germany. Only customers with a German bank account can use it.
- Step 1 - Enable Giropay in your webshop
- Step 2 - Go to Stripe account
- Step 3 - Sign in to Stripe
- Step 4 - Activate Giropay in your Stripe settings
- Step 5 - Giropay has been activated
Note: Before you can enable Giropay as a payment method in your webshop, you need to create a Stripe account and connect it to your webshop.
Don't have a Stripe account yet? Check our guide to help you get started: Getting started with Stripe
Step 1 - Enable Giropay in your webshop
To start, you need to enable Giropay in your webshop.
- Go to your webshop administration in the control panel.
- Click Settings > Checkout.
- Check the box for Giropay.
Step 2 - Go to Stripe account
You will now be redirected to your Stripe account, where you need to activate Giropay.
Click Go to Stripe account.
Step 3 - Sign in to Stripe
Enter your Stripe login details and click Sign in to your account.
Step 4 - Activate Giropay in your Stripe settings
- In your Stripe dashboard, click Payments in the menu to the left.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top.
- Next to Giropay, click Activate.
Step 5 - Giropay has been activated
Giropay is now live and available as a payment method in your webshop.
Note: If you want to disable Giropay again, you can simply uncheck the box under Settings in your webshop administration.