Creating a website can be fun, but writing the perfect text for it is often a time-consuming process. With the Website Builder Writing Assistant, you can get the help you need to quickly produce text that fits your business and brand. This guide will show you how to use this feature.
- Step 1 - Select or insert a text component
- Step 2 - Add your general preferences
- Step 3 - Add information about your text
- Step 4 - Copy or use text
- Step 5 - Save and publish
Step 1 - Select or insert a text component
- Log in to your Website Builder via the one.com control panel.
- Go to the section of your site where you want to insert the text.
- Insert a text component from the menu on the left, or select an existing component and click the Help me write tab that appears above or below it.
Step 2 - Add your general preferences
The Writing Assistant will now appear in a pop-up window. The first time you use this feature, you'll be asked to add general information. This includes information about your website, target group, and text language. This column will be collapsed the next time you use the Writing Assistant, but you can, of course, unfold and edit this information later if you want to.
Step 3 - Add information about your text
- Scroll down to the About the text section and fill in information about the topic and length. You can also add additional info, such as specific keywords that should be mentioned in the text.
- Click Create text to generate a text suggestion. The suggestion will appear on the right side of your screen. If you're unhappy with the suggestion, click the Try again button to generate a second version.
Step 4 - Copy or use text
If you hover over your text option(s), you'll see a Copy text and a Use text button. Click the latter to insert the text directly in the component on your site.
Tip: Your browser will store the 10 most recently generated texts inside the tool. This means that you will still be able to access the texts if you close the Writing Assistant. They will be there under see previously generated texts when you open the tool again.
Step 5 - Save and publish
And that's it! Save and publish your site to make your new text visible.