Shop owners that are based in Europe can offer their customers to use Bancontact as a payment method. Bancontact is a popular payment system in Belgium.
- Step 1 - Enable Bancontact in your online shop
- Step 2 - Go to Stripe account
- Step 3 - Sign in to Stripe
- Step 4 - Activate Bancontact in your Stripe settings
- Step 5 - Provide additional information
- Step 6 - Bancontact has been activated
Note: Before you can enable Bancontact as a payment method in your online shop, you need to create a Stripe account and connect it to your online shop.
Don't have a Stripe account yet? Check our guide to help you get started: Getting started with Stripe
Step 1 - Enable Bancontact in your online shop
To start, you need to enable Bancontact in your online shop.
- Go to your online shop administration in the control panel.
- Click Settings > Checkout.
- Check the box for Bancontact.
Step 2 - Go to Stripe account
You will now be redirected to your Stripe account, where you need to activate Bancontact.
Click Go to Stripe account.
Step 3 - Sign in to Stripe
Enter your Stripe login details and click Sign into your account.
Step 4 - Activate Bancontact in your Stripe settings
- In your Stripe dashboard, click Payments and then Settings in the menu to the left.
- Under Bancontact, click Activate.
Step 5 - Provide additional information
Enter the name, address and date of birth of a director in your company.
Click Activate to confirm activation and to agree to Stripe's terms of service and the Bancontact addendum.
Step 6 - Bancontact has been activated
Stripe will notify you via email as soon as Bancontact has been activated. This may take up to 30 minutes. Please contact Stripe support if Bancontact doesn't go "Live".
Note: As soon as Bancontact has been activated in Stripe, it will be available as a payment method in your online shop.
If you want to disable Bancontact again in the future, you can simply uncheck the box under Settings in your online shop administration.