Shop owners that are based in Europe can offer their customers to use Sofort as a payment method. Sofort is very popular in Germany, but can also be used by customers in Austria, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain and Switzerland.
- Step 1 - Enable Sofort in your webshop
- Step 2 - Go to Stripe account
- Step 3 - Sign in to Stripe
- Step 4 - Activate Sofort in your Stripe settings
- Step 5 - Provide additional information
- Step 6 - Sofort has been activated
Note: Before you can enable Sofort as a payment method in your webshop, you need to create a Stripe account and connect it to your webshop.
Don't have a Stripe account yet? Check our guide to help you get started: Getting started with Stripe
Step 1 - Enable Sofort in your webshop
To start, you need to enable Sofort in your webshop.
- Go to your webshop administration in the control panel.
- Click Settings > Checkout.
- Check the box for Sofort.
Step 2 - Go to Stripe account
You will now be redirected to your Stripe account, where you need to activate Sofort.
Click Go to Stripe account.
Step 3 - Sign in to Stripe
Enter your Stripe login details and click Sign into your account.
Step 4 - Activate Sofort in your Stripe settings
- In your Stripe dashboard, click Payments and then Settings in the menu to the left.
- Under Sofort, click Activate.
Step 5 - Provide additional information
Enter the name, address and date of birth of a director in your company.
Click Activate to confirm activation and to agree to Stripe's terms of service and the Sofort addendum.
Step 6 - Sofort has been activated
Stripe will notify you via email as soon as Sofort has been activated. This may take up to 30 minutes. Please contact Stripe support if Sofort doesn't go "Live".
Note: As soon as Sofort has been activated in Stripe, it will be available as a payment method in your webshop.
If you want to disable Sofort again in the future, you can simply uncheck the box under Settings in your webshop administration.