Thank you for trying out the new version of Website Builder! A lot of hard work has been put into the development of the new Website Builder. We are very proud of the result and love to get your feedback!
In this article, we have listed the areas where you may notice differences, compared to the old version of Website Builder. Don't hesitate to contact our support, if you cannot find your answer here.
- Where are my pages?
- Where can I find the properties?
- How do I switch to the template?
- Where is the background component?
- How do I delete a component?
- How do I move a component to the back or front?
- Where can I edit the global styling?
- How can I make the workspace bigger?
- Can I go back to the old Website Builder?
- How do I change the template?
- Which features are not available yet in Website Builder 3?
- How can I give feedback?
Where are my pages?
You can find your pages in the Pages menu at top of your screen. Here you can switch the active page you are working on, add new pages and manage existing pages, just like in the old Website Builder.
Where can I find the properties?
To create a larger workspace we have removed the properties tab. You can now find the properties of a component by double-clicking on it.
Depending on the component, different properties are available. A toolbar appears above or below the component and also a separate menu that you can move around your screen.
How do I switch to the template?
The template of your website contains the components that are visible on all pages, like for example the menu, social media links or the footer.
There are three ways that you can switch to the template editing mode.
- Double-click on a shaded component that is part of the template.
- Right-click on a shaded component and click Edit template in the menu that appears.
- Click the Edit template button in the bottom right corner.
Where is the Background component?
The Background component has been replaced with the Strip and the Box component.
The Strip component creates a background over the whole width of your site; you can adjust the height, but not the width. Under Properties, you can adjust color, opacity, image and border.
The Box component is the same as the background component, except that you cannot stretch it over the whole page. Under Properties, you can adjust color, opacity, image and border.
How do I delete a component?
There are two ways to delete a component in your site:
- Select the component and then click Delete or Backspace on your keyboard.
- Right-click on the component you want to delete and select Delete in the menu that appears.
How do I move a component to the back or front?
You can move components backwards and forwards or send them to the template or page.
- Right-click on the component that you want to move.
- Click Arrange in the menu that appears.
- Select what you want to do with the component.
Where can I edit the Global styling?
You can access the Global styling from the styling toolbar of the Text and Button component.
- Select a Text or Button component in your workspace.
- In the toolbar that appears on top or below the component, click the styling drop-down menu located on the left.
- Click Edit text styles at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
How can I make the workspace bigger?
A new feature in Website Builder is that you can collapse the component menu to the left of your screen. This gives you more space to work in, with less clutter.
Click the three white dots next to the menu to collapse or expand it.
Can I go back to the old Website Builder?
For now, you can still go back to the old Website Builder, and vice versa. In the future, we will disable the option to switch back, but not before all features are available in the new version of Website Builder.
- Click the menu in the top-right corner.
- Click on Back to old version.
Note: It can take 30 seconds before you are back in the old version after you clicked the button.
How do I change the template?
You can add new pages with a different template.
- In the pages menu click + Add new page.
- Click Change in the bottom left corner.
- Select a template and click Save.
- Click Add, to create the new page.
Note: If you want to change the template of an existing page you need to go back to the old Website Builder. Here you can change the template, save, and then return the new Website Builder.
Which features are not yet available in the new Website Builder?
The following features that are in the old version of Website Builder are not yet available in the new version of Website Builder.
- Document component - allows you to embed documents.
- Table component - allows you to insert tables.
- Code component - allows you to insert code.
- Image editor - allows you to edit images inside Website Builder.
- Bigstock - allows you to buy stock images inside Website Builder.
All these features will become available again in Website Builder during the year as soon as they are ready.
How can I give feedback?
You can report your findings directly to our product team, from Website Builder. We may not respond to everyone personally, but we appreciate every comment.
- Click Feedback in the green bar at the top of your screen.
- Select if you want to share something you like, or if there is something we can do better.
- Type in your comments and click Send.
Are you looking for support? If you need help or have questions, please contact our support department.