To optimise your website for search engines, it's a good idea to add meta descriptions. In this guide, we show where you can do this in Website Builder.
- Click on the Website Builder tile in your control panel to open the dashboard.
- Click Marketing & SEO in the menu to the left.
- Click SEO.
- In the dropdown menu at the top, select which page you want to add the meta description for.
- Write a custom title if you want to add a specific title for the page. Otherwise, the default title of the page will be used. You can enable/disable the options by clicking the slider button.
- Enter a description for the page. A good meta description is concise and tells what the page is about.
- Check the preview to the right to make sure everything looks good.
- Click Save and Publish.
Tip: Learn what else you can do to improve your search ranking in our guide: What is SEO?
Don't have access to Website Builder? You can try it out for free for 14 days and create a website in no time. Start your free trial now