- Step 1 - Click EV Certificate in the One.com control panel
- Step 2 - Click Start now
- Step 3 - Enter your company details
- Step 4 - Enter details of the registration agency
- Step 5 - Enter details for the contact person
- Step 6 - Confirm your payment
- Step 7 - Open the email from Sectigo
- Step 8 - Accept the agreement with Sectigo
- Step 9 - Wait until the certificate is validated
To register for an Extended Validation Certificate (EV), you need to do three things:
- Fill in the application details in the One.com control panel.
- Confirm your details with the Certificate Authority (CA) Sectigo, via a link they send you by email.
- Wait until the certificate gets validated by Sectigo, generally within 1-2 weeks.
Continue this guide for detailed step-by-step instructions.
Note: "Sectigo" recently changed their name from "Comodo CA". They are still in the process of changing the name everywhere on their website, which means that you may receive emails where they still use their old name "Comodo".
Step 1 - Click EV Certificate in the One.com control panel
Log into the One.com control panel and click EV Certificate on the Files & Security tile.
Step 2 - Click Start now
Click the Start now button to begin your order.
Step 3 - Enter your company details
Enter the contact details for your company or organisation.
Tip: The details need to correspond exactly with how your company is listed in the registration agency or trade registry. Sectigo will verify your details during the vetting process.
Step 4 - Enter details of the registration agency
Here you need to enter the details of the trade registry or agency where your company is listed, for example, the Companies House if your company is registered in the UK.
Only the name of and the country of the agency/registry are required. If you are not sure what to enter, leave the optional fields empty.
Step 5 - Enter details for the contact person
Enter the details for the contact person that Sectigo can contact for more information. A contact person needs to be authorised to sign for the company.
Tip: An email with a link to confirm your application for an EV certificate, will be sent to the email address that you enter here for the contact person. Make sure your business/organization is listed with telephone number and other relevant contact information in leading publicly accessible directories.
Step 6 - Confirm your payment
Approve the payment for the first year and enter your credit card details.
Step 7 - Open the email from Sectigo
Sectigo will now send an email to confirm your request for the EV certificate. The email is sent to the address that was entered for the contact person.
Open the email with the subject "ORDER #.... - Agreement" and click the Agreement link in the email.
Note: It's possible that the email was sent by "Comodo CA". This is because Sectigo was formerly called Comodo, and they are still implementing the name change in all communications.
Step 8 - Accept the agreement with Sectigo
- Check your company details to the right on your screen and make sure they are correct.
- Scroll down and click Accept at the bottom of the page to complete your request.
Step 9 - Wait until the certificate is validated
Sectigo is now verifying your application, normally this takes 1-2 weeks. As soon as the EV SSL certificate is validated, you will receive an email. It will also be visible in the One.com control panel.
Note: Sectigo may contact you by phone or email to verify your contact details. They can also request you to send additional information.