In the One.com control panel, under Advanced settings > PHP and database settings, you can change the PHP version for your webspace. We recommend selecting the "Latest stable PHP version".
If you select this version, then we will make sure that your PHP version gets updated automatically so that you always have the latest version. Currently, the latest stable version is PHP 7.4.
What are the benefits of using the latest stable version?
- The latest version is the most secure.
- It's the fastest version and has the best performance, for example, PHP 7.3 is on average 9% faster than PHP 7.2.
- It's the most compatible with the latest versions of popular CMSs like WordPress.
- You won't end up in the situation where you are forced to update, because the PHP version you are using is about to reach end-of-life. (a PHP version is generally supported for 3 years)
- PHP updates are done automatically, and in most cases, you won't even notice it.
Check our guide on how to update PHP in the One.com control panel: How do I upgrade to a newer version of PHP?