There might be cases when you want to place an order on behalf of your customer, maybe including a special discount or free shipping. In this guide, we explain how you can do this by creating a draft order.
- Step 1 - Open the Online Shop administration
- Step 2 - Go to Draft orders
- Step 3 - Enter customer information
- Step 4 - Enter order details
- Step 5 - Send the order including payment link
Step 1 - Open the Online Shop administration
- Log in to the One.com control panel.
- Click Online shop.
Step 2 - Go to Draft orders
- Go to Orders in the menu to the left.
- Click Draft orders.
- Click Create order at the top of the screen.
Step 3 - Enter customer information
On the right of your screen under Customer Information, type in the customer details. The minimum requirement is an email address, for you to send the order link to.
Step 4 - Enter order details
- Under Order details, enter (part of) a product name, and select the product(s) you want to add.
- Select a shipping option, for example, Custom shipping, if you want to give shipping for free.
- If you want to give a discount, type in a percentage.
- Click Save draft in the top-left corner.
Step 5 - Send the order including payment link
- Click Send payment link at the bottom of your screen.
- Verify the email address that the order should be send to.
- Type in a message for your customer to include with the order.
- Click Send email.
Your customer will receive an email with a confirmation of the order and a link to the payment page to complete it. Once the order is completed, it will move from draft orders to your general order section.