Sometimes it can be useful to have items in your menu that link directly to a certain place on a page rather than a new page. That way, your visitors will be led straight to the thing that they are looking for on your website.
In this article, we show how you can link to sections on a page in the one.com Website Builder and add these to the menu. You can also use this method to create a website on a single page.
- Step 1 - Create your sections
- Step 2 - Add a section link to the site menu
- Step 3 - Select the section you want to link to
- Step 4 - Check if the sections are created
- Step 5 - Move the sections around
- Step 6 - Done!
Don't have access to Website Builder? You can try it out for free for 14 days and create a website in no time. Start your free trial now
Step 1 - Create your sections
In this case, we want to add links to sections on the Catalog page, listing the different types of pottery that we offer. The sections should become subsections of the Catalog page in the menu. Therefore, you will first need to create your sections on the page and place the components that you want to link to in there.
Tip: It is a good idea to give the section a name that you can easily recognise it by. If you want to rename a section, you can click on it, go to Edit section, and click on Section title in the menu that appears.
Step 2 - Add a section link to the site menu
1. Click the pages menu in the light blue bar at the top of your screen.
2. Click on the white button with a chain to add a section link.
Step 3 - Select the section you want to link to
1. Enter a title for the section link; it will become visible in the menu.
2. Select the page where the section is located.
3. Select the section that the link should lead to.
4. Click Add to save your settings.
Repeat this process for each section that you want to add to the menu.
Note: Each section link that appears in the menu counts as a page. This means that there is a limit of 5 section links in the Starter version of Website Builder. If you need more links or pages than that, you will need to upgrade to Website Builder Premium.
Step 4 - Check if the sections are created
The sections are added to the bottom of the list in the pages menu. You can recognise them by the anchor icon.
Step 5 - Move the sections around
To make the links into subsections of the Catalog page; drag a section over the Catalog page and release it when you see a blue box around it.
Check this guide for more information: How do I add subpage?
Step 6 - Done!
The different sections on your page are now listed in the menu, under Catalog. Click on a section to jump there directly.