In cases where we need to investigate an issue with your WordPress site closer, our supporters might ask you to provide a temporary guest user with administrator access.
- Step 1 - Access your WordPress dashboard
- Step 2 - Create a new user
- Step 3 - Share the login data with our customer support
Step 1 - Access your WordPress dashboard
Access your WordPress dashboard through the WordPress tile in your one.com control panel. Alternatively, you can type in /wp-admin in the URL after the location of your blog, like this: blog.one-example.com/wp-admin.
Step 2 - Create a new user
- Select Users in your dashboard menu.
- Click the button Add new.
- Pick a username.
- Add an email address that you have access to, so you can stay in control over your private information. If you do not have a spare email address for these purposes yet, we recommend that you create an email alias.
- Select a password.
- Select Administrator as the role for this user. Otherwise, our technicians will not be able to make the necessary changes to your WordPress site.
Step 3 - Share the login data with our customer support
We recommend you to use a Pastebin to share your login data securely with our customer support.
- Go to http://one-docs.com/tools/pastebin, to open Pastebin in your browser.
- Enter the login details for your new WordPress user in the text field.
- Press the Submit button.
- Copy the new URL from the browser.
- If you are chatting with one of our supporters, send the link on the chat. Our supporter will then pass it on to our technical team. If you are not on live chat, you can send the link via a support ticket, and explain step-by-step, how we can help you.
Note: After we have solved the issue, we recommend that you delete the guest user again.