This feature is part of the Website Builder Business + Ecommerce add-on plan.
Make it easier for your website visitors to get in touch with you by adding the Facebook Messenger chat to your Website Builder site. Simply add the chat component to your website and start chatting with your customers straight away.
- Step 1 - Add the chat component
- Step 2 - Connect Messenger chat
- Step 3 - Customise your chat
- Step 4 - Start chatting!
- Why can't my visitors see the chat option on my published website?
Tip: You can upgrade to Website Builder Business + Ecommerce for free until the end of your current subscription period to test Facebook Messenger chat and other exclusive features.
Step 1 - Add the chat component
You can find the chat component with the other contact components in the Website Builder menu.
- Access your Website Builder via the one.com control panel.
- Select Contact in the menu on the left.
- Click on the Messenger chat component and drag it to your workspace.
Note: You need a Facebook Business page to use the chat widget in Website Builder, it is not possible to use it with a private profile. Find out how to create a Business page in Facebook's help article.
Step 2 - Connect Messenger chat
Once you have added the Messenger chat component to your workspace, a window will appear, asking you to connect to Messenger chat.
- Click Connect.
- In the next window, you'll be asked to log into Facebook. If you've already connected your Website Builder site to Facebook before, you need to confirm which page you want to connect with.
Step 3 - Customise your chat
You will now see the Website Builder settings, and it will show that the Messenger chat is turned on. In the preview on the right, you can see what the chat window will look like for your website visitors.
- You can now choose the chat language.
- Pick a button colour to make it align with your brand and website design.
- When you're happy with what it looks like, click Done.
Tip: You can edit advanced settings for the chat in your Facebook Business account.
Step 4 - Start chatting!
Well done! You have now connected the Facebook Messenger chat of your Business page with your Website Builder site. Once you have published your updated website, your visitors will be able to contact you via chat.
- Click OK in the pop-up window.
- Save your changes.
- Add a cookie banner to your website if you don't already have the cookie banner activated.
- Click Publish to make the changes visible on your website.
Note: You won't be able to see the Facebook Messenger symbol in your Website Builder editor even if you have it activated. To see what the icon looks like on your live website, open the preview for your page.
Why can't my visitors see the chat option on my published website?
If you have a cookie banner activated for your website, customers need to accept all cookies to see the Facebook Messenger chat function. If they declined cookies, they won't see the option to chat with you.