Minimise the risk of your WordPress website getting hacked and improve your website security by enabling Advanced Login Protection.
In this guide, we explain what Advanced Login Protection does and show you how to enable it in a few easy steps.
- What is Advanced Login Protection?
- Which options do I have?
- How do I enable Advanced Login Protection?
What is Advanced Login Protection?
Advanced Login Protection makes the maintenance of your WordPress site easier while at the same time improving your website security. Your login page is one of the most vulnerable parts of your WordPress site. Advanced Login Protection adds an additional security layer to your WordPress login by redirecting users to the one.com login page.
Instead of accessing your WordPress dashboard with your WordPress user details, you will log in with your account details for the one.com control panel. This prevents hackers from exploiting your WordPress login page.
At the same time, it makes your life a little easier because you will only need to remember your one.com control panel details to work on your WordPress website.
Which options do I have?
In the settings for Advanced Login Protection you have three options:
- Enable for all: If you select this, everyone who wants to log into your WordPress dashboard will be required to log in through the control panel. We recommend this option if you only have admin users for your WordPress site and no other users at all.
- Enable for admin-users only: If you select this, only admin users will be required to log in through the control panel. We recommend this option if you have users that are not admin users, for example editors or customers.
- Off: This option keeps the Advanced Login Protection off or disables it. We don't recommend this as your website will be less safe. However, this can be a good option for sites that have many admin users.
How do I enable Advanced Login Protection?
You can easily enable Advanced Login Protection from the WordPress dashboard in your one.com control panel.
Note: Advanced Login Protection is enabled by default for all new 1-click WordPress installations.
- Log in to your one.com control panel and go to WordPress.
- Select the installation that you want to enable Advanced Login Protection for.
- In the WordPress dashboard scroll down to Services.
- Click Edit under Advanced Login Protection.
- You can now choose whether you want to enable Advanced Login Protection for all users or for admin-users only.
- Click Save to confirm your choice.
Note: You can easily follow the same steps and select Off if you want to disable Advanced Login Protection again. If you don't have access to the control panel, you can request an email with a one-time link to change your password on the forgot password page.