In this article, we show you how to connect your one.com Website Builder site with marketgoo. If marketgoo presents you with the Site tasks to include the robots.txt file in your website and a sitemap in XML format, these are the steps to follow.
Note: Website Builder automatically creates a sitemap.xml when you publish the site. marketgoo, however, isn't detecting this file because they expect to be lead to it by a reference in the robots.txt file.
- Step 1 - Create a robots.txt file via File Manager
- Step 2 - Add a line of script
- Step 3 - Scan again in marketgoo
But first, what are these files and what do they do?
- Robots.txt file: is a text file that tells web robots or search engines which pages on your website to crawl.
Sitemap.xml: is a file placed on your website that lists all the pages on your website. For search engines, sitemaps are important to understand your website architecture, and for users, it makes it easier to find pages on a site.
Step 1 - Create a robots.txt file via File Manager
We start off with creating a file called robots.txt on the root via File Manager.
- Log into your one.com control panel.
- Scroll down to Files & Security and click on File Manager. File Manager will open in a new screen.
- Click on the small down arrow next to the button + Upload in the top left.
- Choose New text file from the menu. A new .txt file has now been added in the folder- and files overview below.
- Name the file robots. Note that the file extension .txt is already filled in.
- Press return or enter on your keyboard to save the file.
Step 2 - Add a line of script
- Select the robots.txt file you just created by checking the check box in front of the file and choose Edit at the top of the pane on the right. You can also just simply click on the file name.
The file opens and you can add the following lines:
Sitemap: https://domain.tld/sitemap.xmlReplace domain.tld with your own domain.
- Click Save in the top left.
- Click < Back to return to the folder- and files overview or close the File manager.
Step 3 - Scan again in marketgoo
On a marketgoo Start plan an automatic weekly scan is included. For marketgoo Evolution this can be done any time, following these steps:
- On your marketgoo dashboard, click About this score, underneath the circle with "Your SEO score" and the indication of the score as a percentage.
- In the pop-up window you read additional information, when the last scan was performed and a button to Recalculate now. A new scan will be performed clicking this button.