Depending on your access, there are a few ways to change your WordPress password or username. In this guide, we explain different methods of how to change login details.
Tip: Protect your account from hackers and find out how to choose a strong password.
- Change your password in WP Admin
- Reset your password with an email link
- Change your login details in the database
Change your password in WP Admin
You can access WP Admin via your one.com control panel or via your login page. If you have access to your backend, follow these few easy steps:
- Click on Users
- Open Profile and scroll down to Account Management
- Click on Set New Password to generate a random strong password
- (optional) Erase the text and type in your new password
- Click Update Profile to save your changes
Tip: You can also edit the your login details by hovering over your username in the top right and then clicking Edit Profile.
Reset your password with an email link
If you are currently locked out of your WP Admin, and the error states that the password or username is incorrect, you can reset your password like this:
- Go to your login page
- Click on "Lost your password?"
- Enter your username or the mail address associated with your login
- Check if the password reset mail has arrived in your inbox or spam folder
- Click on the link in the mail
- Choose a new password
Tip: You can get to your login page by adding /wp-admin at the end of your URL.
Change your login details in the database
If you can neither access WP Admin nor the mail account associated with the login, you can change your login details from the database in your one.com control panel.
Follow our separate step-by-step guides: