This guide explains how you can create a new Exchange email account through your one.com control panel.
- Step 1 - Go to Mail administration
- Step 2 - Click New account
- Step 3 - Choose an Exchange plan
- Step 4 - Enter the account details
- Step 5 - Add payment information
- Step 6 - Login to Microsoft and complete the setup
- Step 7 - Multi-factor authentication
- Step 8 - Password creation
- Step 9 - Done
Step 1 - Go to Mail administration
- Log in to the one.com control panel, or check our guide if you need help.
- Click on the Email tile to go to mail administration.
Step 2 - Click New account
Click New account.
Step 3 - Choose an Exchange plan
- Choose the Exchange plan you want. You can choose between these plans:
Exchange Online, Microsoft 365 Business Basic and Microsoft 365 Business Standard.
- Click Buy now if you're choosing Exchange Online or Microsoft 365 Business Basic.
Click Start free trial if you're choosing Microsoft 365 Business Standard.
Step 4 - Enter the account details
- In the next window, enter the following details:
- Enter the part of the email address that needs to come before the @-sign. The domain name always comes after and cannot be changed.
- Type in a Display name, and this is the name your recipients will see when you're sending an email to them.
- Enter the email address to which we can send the activation email for the new Exchange account. The email address you type in here must be an active email address.
- Click Create.
Step 5 - Add payment information
Add your payment information. The payment information is only for verification, and you will not be charged until the trial is over.
- Choose payment type
- Then click Approve.
Unless cancelled, the trial will become the paid version at the end of the trial period.
Step 6 - Login to Microsoft and complete the setup.
An activation email containing a link with a temporary password and a login page for your new Exchange email account is now sent to the email you entered in the previous step as a secondary email.
Click here to go to the Microsoft login page and complete the setup.
- Enter your new Exchange email address and click Next.
- Type in the temporary password we sent you and click Sign in.
Step 7 - Multi-factor authentication
You'll need to enable multi-factor authentication to keep your account as secure as possible.
In this step, you can choose between Microsoft Authenticator, another authentication app or SMS verification.
We'll show you the steps for SMS verification, and if you choose an app for the verification method, you can follow the link below for instructions.
Please follow the following instructions below for SMS verification:
- Click Next in the window More information is required
- Click I want to set up a different method.
- Choose Phone and click Confirm.
- Select your country from the drop-down list and enter your phone number.
- Click Next.
- Type in the 6-digit code that was sent via SMS and click Next.
- Click Next and Done.
For more information on how to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) using another method than SMS verification, click the link below:
Step 8 - Password creation
Since the password you got in the link was only temporary, set a new password for the account.
Click Sign in.
Step 9 - Done
Your new Exchange email account is now created, and you can see the status in your account overview.
Note: It can take a few minutes before the account is active and ready to use after you have set the new password. When the "pending" status is gone, the account is ready.