If you want to increase your visitors' engagement with your content, adding a video to your site is one of the best ways to do it. The one.com Website Builder offers several options for adding videos. In this guide, we'll show you how to upload a video directly to your website using the video component.
Note: This feature is only available in the Website Builder tiers Premium and Business + Ecommerce. If you're using Website Builder Starter, you can upgrade to a larger tier or use the YouTube widget instead.
Step 1 - Select the video component
- Go to your Website Builder via the one.com control panel. In the dashboard, click the blue button that says Edit site to enter the Website Builder editor.
- Go to the page or section where you want to place the video.
- Go to the menu on the left and click Video.
- Click on Video (self-hosted) to add the component to your workspace. You can also click on it and drag it to where you want it.
Step 2 - Add your video
- If you've already uploaded the video to the onewebmedia folder on your webspace, you should be able to see it in the pop-up window. If you haven't uploaded it, click on the Upload button in the top-right corner and select your video from its current location (for example, your computer). You can also select the file and drag it to the window.
- Select your video - make sure it has a blue frame around it.
- Click Add to page.
Note: Videos of max 2 GB can be uploaded at a time. The following file formats are supported: .flv, 3g2, .3gp, .avi, .asf, .divx, .m2ts, .mts, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .wmv.
Step 3 - Change your video settings
You can adjust the component size by pulling the corners and the sides via the orange handles. You can also edit the following settings:
- Mute: The video will play without sound if you've marked the box for this.
- Loop: If this is activated, the video will play again from the beginning once the visitor has watched it to the end.
- Autoplay: Mark the box for this to have the video start playing automatically. Please note that the video will automatically be muted if you select this option.
- Hide controls: If this is activated, the controls (play button, sound control, full screen, etc.) at the bottom of the video will be hidden from the visitor.
You can edit these settings like this:
- Select the video you just added and click on the Video settings tab on top of it.
- Tick the boxes next to the different options to activate (a checkmark will show in the box) or deactivate them (the box is empty).
- Save your changes and publish your updated website so they show on your live website.
In the screenshot below, Mute and Autoplay are activated, while Loop and Hide controls are deactivated.
Tip: You can see the video play in the preview mode. Here, you can also see the complete set of viewing options available in the controls.