- Step 1 - Log in to Website Builder
- Step 2 - Choose a template
- Step 3 - Edit the template
- Step 4 - Add, edit and remove components
- Step 5 - Edit text and images
- Step 6 - Add or rename pages
- Step 7 - Save
- Step 8 - Preview
- Step 9 - Publish
Step 1 - Log in to Website Builder
- Log in to the One.com control panel.
- Click Website Builder.
Step 2 - Choose a template
The first thing you need to do is select a template to start with. You can choose between more than 100 different designs. The template determines the overall design of your site, like colors, fonts, menu, etc. All templates are fully customizable, so you can always change things later.
- Browse through the different designs to choose from.
- Click View to see all pages of the template in full screen.
- Click Back to look at other options or Start with this design if you want to create your site with this template.
Step 3 - Edit the template
Your template should contain content that you want to be visible on all pages. For example your main menu, the title of your site and the footer with your contact information. When you edit content in your template, it affects all pages that use this template.
When you are in Edit page mode, all components that are part of the template are shaded grey. When you are in Edit template mode, it's the other way around. You can easily switch between edit modes by double-clicking on one of the shaded components, or by clicking the button in the bottom right corner.
Step 4 - Add, edit and remove components
All the content on your site is embedded in a component, for example, text, images, buttons, etc. All available components can be found in the menu to the left.
Add a component
You can easily add more components to your pages by dragging them in your work area from the menu to the left.
- The thin red lines indicate how the component is aligned with other components.
- The light blue area indicates free space, red means that you are placing the component on top of another component.
Edit a component
When you double click on a component the properties become visible. Depending on the position, a menu with the most common actions appears above or below the component.
Another properties menu appears with more advanced options. You can move this menu around in your work area so it's not in your way. If you click outside the component, the properties dissapear again.
If you want to change the side of the component, you can drag the orange handles on all corners and sides.
Remove a component
To remove a component, select it, and click delete on your keyboard. You can also click the button that looks like three dots in a circle, and select Delete from the menu that appears.
Step 5 - Edit text and images
Most of the content on your site will most likely be text and images. So let's pay a bit more attention to these components.
All text in a template is "lorum ipsum"; dummy text in latin that doesn't mean anything. You can easily replace it with your own text. Simply double-click on a component to edit it.
The images in a template are stock images that you are welcome to keep, but most likely you want to replace them with your own.
- Click on an image to select it.
- Click the Replace image button that appears above or below the component.
- Select the image you want to replace it with, or click Upload in the top right corner to upload images from your computer or another location.
- Click Save.
Step 6 - Add or rename pages
You can always add more pages from the pages menu in the green bar. Just click the + Add new page button and follow the instructions.
You can also change the name of an existing page.
- Select the page in the pages menu.
- Move your mouse over the gear icon and click the "i" to open Page options.
- Here you can, among other things, edit name that is visible in the menu and browser tab.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Note: Remember that the standard version of Website Builder only allows you to publish up to 5 pages. If you want to publish more pages, you need to upgrade to Premium.
Step 7 - Save
Remember to save your site often! That way, if something goes wrong, you won't lose all your changes. Are you not happy with the result? Use the arrows in the green bar to undo or redo your changes. The only thing you cannot undo is the deletion of a page.
Tip! If you have signed up for Premium, you have access to the built-in Backup and Restore function that allows you to load previously saved versions of your site. Every time your site is saved, a backup is created automatically.
Step 8 - Preview
It's a good idea to check a preview of your site, before you publish, to see how it will look for your visitors.
- Click the Preview button in the green bar.
- Navigate through the menu to see all the pages of your site. Also check the mobile version of your site.
- Click Back to editor to return and implement possible changes.
When you are happy with the result it is time to publish!
Step 9 - Publish
When you are ready to share your site with the world, it is time to Publish.
- Click the Publish button in the green bar.
- Confirm your choice by clicking Publish again.
Your site is now being Published. Depending on your pages and content, this may take a couple of minutes. In the meanwhile you can continue to work on your site.
Tip! Click your domain in the menu in the top right corner to check your site online. Don't see your site after publishing? Check if you have set your start page correctly.