In this FAQ, we have provided answers to your questions about our new Microsoft Exchange products. You can choose between three different subscriptions to find one that suits you.
- What are the different plans?
- Can I try Exchange for free?
- Can I get Exchange in my country?
- Are there differences in Exchange products purchased directly from Microsoft?
- Password setting and Multi-factor authentication
- Do you offer free backup and restore?
- How do I create an account?
- How do I cancel an account?
- How do I delete an account?
- How do I change my Exchange password?
- How do I change the phone number for Multi-factor authentication (MFA)?
- Where can I reset my Exchange password?
- Links to Microsoft guides
Don't have an email address yet? With our email hosting solution, you can mail professionally with your domain to all your contacts.
What are the different plans?
Exchange Online is for you who want to get powerful mail and a calendar that syncs on all devices. Exchange Online includes:
- Microsoft Exchange email account
- 50 GB storage
- Free email backup and restore
- Professional calendar
- Outlook online (outlook.com)
- Spam filter
- Ad-free email
- Billed until renewal
Microsoft 365 Business Basic is for you who need Exchange Online and Office apps to work online in your browser or mobile phone. It includes everything from Exchange Online and:
- Online version of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Teams Online and desktop.
- OneDrive 1 TB cloud storage
Microsoft 365 Business Standard is for you who need Exchange Online, mobile and browser-based Office apps, and desktop applications on your Mac or PC. It includes everything from Exchange Online and Microsoft 365 Business Basic and:
- Free 1 month trial
- Desktop + Online version of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Install on 5 devices
Note: You can find more information about one.com's email plans and prices here.
Exchange Online, Microsoft 365 Business Basic and Microsoft 365 Business Standard subscriptions are compatible with Microsoft software only and can not be integrated with third-party apps or software.
Can I try Exchange for free?
Yes, you can! You'll have a 30-day free trial on the Microsoft 365 Business Standard plan, so you can try it out before deciding if you want to go for the paid plan.
You can create a maximum of 1 trial on your domain and only one trial per account. However, there is a limit of 200 Microsoft accounts per domain.
If you no longer want to use the product, you can cancel the free trial anytime before it converts to a paid subscription after 30 days.
You'll provide payment information when ordering your Exchange account, but you won't be charged during the trial period. As soon as the trial ends, the subscription begins automatically.
If you still want to continue your Exchange subscription after the trial, the payment will be upfront until the next product renewal date.
Can I get Exchange in my country?
We can offer Exchange Online and Microsoft 365 Business Basic and Business Standard in the following European countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom (UK) and Vatican City (Holy See).
Are there differences in Exchange products purchased directly from Microsoft?
Yes, when purchasing an Exchange Online- Microsoft Business Basic or Microsoft Business Standard subscription through the one.com Control Panel, there are some differences. Check the list below for details on what specifically applies to Exchange products purchased through one.com:
- The Azure tenant is managed by one.com. This means that you don't have elevated or administrative privileges.
- It’s not possible to add people from outside of your organisation to a group in Sharepoint.
- It’s not possible to integrate with third-party apps.
- It’s not possible to try or purchase Microsoft products that are not included in your plan.
- It’s not possible to add more than one domain to the Azure tenant/Exchange.
- Password reset has to be done from the one.com Control Panel and not through Azure.
- You can’t edit the organisation name.
- You can’t add guest users to Teams.
- It is possible to combine Basic Mail and Exchange accounts on the same domain.
- You get free backup and restore of your email messages.
- You get a free extra email spam filter for enhanced protection.
- All support related to Exchange and Microsoft 365 must go through us, not Microsoft support.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our support.
Password setting and Multi-factor authentification
We care about security therefore multi-factor authentification is mandatory to add an extra layer of protection. See the schema below, which shows the MFA flow:
You can choose between Microsoft Authenticator, another authentication app, or SMS verification during the setup.
You will receive an email containing a temporary password and a link to a Microsoft page to set up multi-factor authentication after creating the Exchange account in your one.com control panel.
Do you offer free backup and restore?
Yes! Every night, we create a backup of your emails for your peace of mind. You have backups available for the last 30 days (1 month).
Our partner, Any.Cloud, securely stores and manages all Exchange Mail backups using encrypted connections and robust security measures, ensuring GDPR compliance and comprehensive data protection within a secure solution hosted on IBM Cloud.
To retrieve your email backup, you can always select the email account and from which date you want to backup, and you can choose two ways:
- Revert the full mailbox and overwrite the old emails and keep the new ones
- Save the backup in a new folder.
Note: Calendar, contacts and content from your apps (Word, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel etc.) are NOT included in Backup & Restore. Only emails can be restored by us.
How do I create an account?
We have made creating an account easy for you.
This guide shows you how to create a new Exchange email account in your one.com control panel step-by-step.
When setting up your new Exchange account in an email client, select Microsoft Exchange and enter your credentials. No manual setup is required; it will detect the settings automatically.
Accessing the apps and downloading: Go to office.com and log in to download apps.
How do I cancel an account?
This guide shows you step-by-step how to cancel an Exchange email account in your one.com control panel.
When an Exchange Online, Microsoft 365 Business Basic or Microsoft 365 Business Standard account is cancelled, the subscription will be terminated automatically at the end of the current period.
After the period ends, the account will be deleted, and the data will no longer be accessible.
Before the period expires, you must back up your email data and, eventually OneDrive. We recommend to backup your OneDrive several days in advance.
Note: The backup must be done manually in your Outlook:
Outlook for Mac.
Outlook for PC.
How do I delete an account?
This guide shows you step-by-step how to delete an Exchange email account in your one.com control panel.
The difference between cancelling and deleting an account is that when cancelling, the account will still be active until the subscription's expiration date. When deleted, the account will be terminated immediately.
After deleting the account, you will not be able to access your email account, calendar, contacts and Office files in OneDrive.
You're not reimbursed after deleting an account, and you can't use the remaining paid period to create a new account for free.
Important: Deleting the account is irreversible. If you have deleted an account by mistake, please contact our support, and we can check if there is any chance of recovery. You'll need to pay the subscription cost if it can be recovered.
How do I change my Exchange password?
You'll need to log in to your Microsoft account and click Change password to change your Exchange password.
How do I change the phone number for Multi-factor authentication (MFA)?
Have you gotten a new phone number? You can change the phone number you've added for Multi-factor authentication in your Microsoft account like this:
- Click Security info in the left-hand menu.
- Click Change.
- Replace the current phone number and click Next.
- Enter the 6-digit code sent to your new phone number and click Next.
- Click Done.
Where can I reset my Exchange password?
If you have forgotten your Exchange password, you'll need to contact the administrator of the one.com control panel. From the control panel, the admin can send you a temporary password to a secondary email address.
When you have gotten the email with the temporary password, you can log in to your Microsoft account and change it from there, as shown in the section How do I change my Exchange password?
How to send a temporary password link through the one.com control panel:
- Go to the Mail administration page
- Click the three dots to the right of the account
- Click Forgot password
- Enter an email address where we'll send the temporary password and click Send
Links to Microsoft guides
We have gathered some essential guides from Microsoft to help you set up your Exchange email account and download the correct Outlook version for your device.
How to Download and install Microsoft Outlook
Most used guides:
- Getting started in Outlook Web App
- Setting Up Microsoft Exchange in Outlook for PC
- Set up email in Android email app
- Add an email account to Outlook for Mac
- Set up email in Mac OS X Mail
- Set up an Outlook account on the iOS Mail app
- Setting Up Microsoft Exchange® 2019 as an IMAP or POP3 Account
- Turn on automatic forwarding in Outlook on the web
- How can I see storage size in Exchange?
Note: Exchange is not supported in Thunderbird.
For more guides, please visit Microsoft Office Help and Training.