You can easily switch to a newer version of PHP in the one.com control panel.
1. Log in to your one.com control panel.
2. Click on the Advanced settings tile and then select PHP and database settings.
3. Scroll down to Update PHP version.
4. Select the PHP version you want to upgrade to and click Update.
1. Update your CMS system to the latest version
If you have WordPress, Joomla or another CMS system installed on your web space, please make sure to update them to the latest version.
2. Make sure your scripts work
PHP is constantly being developed, and in newer versions functions can become deprecated. Check your scripts and make sure they work as you intend them to after upgrading.
3. Check the details about what changes in each version
For information on the differences between the PHP versions, please see these pages:
4. Do you get error messages?
Do you get PHP messages starting with "Notice" and "Warning", but your site works fine despite these messages? You can solve the problem by disabling PHP error messages in the Control Panel.
The error messages mean that your script will still work in this version, but that it will stop working in newer PHP versions. So it's a way of warning you that you will need to update your script eventually.
5. Missing content or seeing blank pages?
If your site is missing content, or it only shows a blank page, please enable PHP error messages. Within 20 minutes an error describing the problem should be displayed on your site. Please contact our support if you have any questions.
Don't have any hosting yet? With our fast and reliable web hosting, you can turn your website idea into reality.