You can easily switch to a newer version of PHP in the Control Panel.
1. Log into your One.com control panel.
2. Click PHP & Database - MariaDB.
3. Scroll down to Update PHP version.
4. Select the PHP version you want to upgrade to and click Update.
1. Make sure your scripts work
PHP is constantly being developed, and in newer versions functions can become deprecated. Check your scripts and make sure they work as you intend them to after upgrading.
2. Check the details about what changes in each version
For information on the differences between the PHP versions, please see these pages:
- Migrating from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0
- Migrating from PHP 7.0 to PHP 7.1
- Migrating from PHP 7.1 to PHP 7.2
3. Do you get error messages?
Do you get PHP messages starting with "Notice" and "Warning", but your site works fine despite these messages? You can solve the problem by disabling PHP error messages in the Control Panel.
The error messages mean that your script will work, but that it is not optimized for the selected PHP version.
4. Missing content or seeing blank pages?
If your site is missing content, or it only shows a blank page, please enable PHP error messages. Within 20 minutes an error describing the problem should be displayed on your site. Please contact our support if you have any questions.
5. Update your CMS system to the latest version
If you have WordPress, Joomla or another CMS system installed on your web space, please make sure to update them to the latest version.