- Add a meta description to the landing page of your Online Shop
- Add a meta description to a product page
Meta descriptions can help with improving your page ranking with search engines. It's a part of what is also known as Search Engine Optimization (or SEO).
A meta description is a brief summary of up to 160 characters, that is displayed below the title and URL in search engine results.
A good meta description is a concise but compelling summary of the content of your page. Avoid listing keywords only, instead include them in the description.
You can add meta descriptions for your Online Shop front page and for each product. For your product pages the description should contain information about the product specifically. To get the best results, each page should have a unique meta description.
Tip: Want to know more about SEO? Check out our guide for this topic.
Add a meta description to the landing page of your Online Shop
- In the Online Shop admin, click Settings in the menu on the left.
- Under Shop information, scroll down to Search Engines (Google).
- Type in a meta description for your shop.
- Click Save settings in the top-right corner.
Add a meta description to a product page
- In the Online Shop admin, click Products in the left menu.
- Edit a product by clicking on its name.
- Scroll down to Search Engines (Google).
- Type in a meta description for the product.
- Click Save product in the upper-right corner.