You can transfer your existing domain to One.com. In this step-by-step guide we explain how to do this.
Tip: We have created domain-specific transfer guides for the most common TLD's. Check out if your domain is among them.
Step 1 - Prepare your domain for transfer
You start the transfer procedure at your current registrar (hosting provider), where you prepare your domain.
During the transfer procedure, one or more emails will be sent to the registrant email address. That's why it is important that all details on your domain are up-to-date.
A domain can also have a status that blocks it from transferring. You can check it in the WHOIS database, or by contacting your registrar.
Make sure the following things are in order:
- The registration details are up-to-date.
- The status of the domain is free to transfer.
- Domain privacy is disabled.
- You have received the transfer authorization code (Auth ID, EPP code).
Tip: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database and emails. Only your domain is transferred, content you need to move manually.
Step 2 - Place an order on our website
The next step is to place an order for web hosting on our website and to activate it. During the ordering process you can select additional features, for example domain privacy or search engine optimization.
- Type in your domain in the top right corner on our website and click enter.
- On the next page click Yes, this is my domain.
- Select the package you want and continue to complete the order.
After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email. If you paid online, in most cases your order will be activated automatically. Sometimes you need to activate the order with an SMS code.
Tip: The email address that you enter under Customer details will be your contact email address.
Step 3 - Approve the Domain Registration Agreement
The agreement is required by ICANN, and explains our obligations to you, and your obligations to us when it comes to your domain.
An email with a link to approve the agreement will be sent to the same address as where you received the authorization code.
Step 4 - Confirm the transfer
For most domains you need to confirm the transfer, usually by entering an authorization code that was sent to you by your current registrar. Sometimes you also need to click a link in an email.
You can find instructions in the order confirmation that we sent you via email.
It can take several days until the domain is transferred to One.com, after you have approved it. It depends on the domain, how long exactly.
You are more than welcome to contact our chat support if you have questions.
Tip: Ask your current registrar to change the name servers for your domain to ours. Then you can start with your website right away. Our name servers are: ns01.one.com and ns02.one.com.
- How do I transfer my .com/.net/.org domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .se / .nu domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .nu domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .be domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .nl domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .dk domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .de domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .it domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .es domain to One.com?
- How do I transfer my .fr domain to One.com?