This guide will show you how to transfer your domain to one.com.
- Step 1 - Prepare your domain for transfer
- Step 2 - Place an order on one.com
- Step 3 - Approve the Domain Registration Agreement
- Step 4 - Confirm the transfer
Step 1 - Prepare your domain for transfer
Start the transfer procedure at your current registrar (hosting provider), where you prepare your domain.
During the transfer procedure, one or more emails will be sent to the registrant's (domain owner's) email address. That's why all details on your domain must be up-to-date.
A domain can also have a status that blocks it from transferring. You can check it in the WHOIS database or by contacting your registrar.
Make sure that:
- The registration details are up-to-date.
- The status of the domain is free to transfer (unlocked).
- Domain privacy is disabled.
- You have received the transfer authorisation code (Auth-ID, EPP code).
Tip: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database and emails. Only the domain name is transferred; no files or emails will be transferred to your web space.
Step 2 - Place an order on one.com
The next step is to place an order for hosting on one.com and activate it.
- Type your domain in the search bar at the top of one.com, and press enter.
- On the next page, click Transfer and Continue.
- If you want to see our different plans, you can click Compare plans to see the differences and choose the plan you think fits you the best. Then click Continue.
- Enter your owner details. If you already have an account with us, you can log in and place the order as an Existing customer to automatically fill out your owner details. When you're done, click Continue again.
- Read and accept our terms and conditions, then choose a payment method. You can scroll down to see exactly what you are ordering and how much you will pay. Click Purchase to complete your order.
- After you complete your order, we will send you a confirmation via email. If you pay online, in most cases, your order will be activated automatically. Sometimes you need to activate the order with an SMS code and, in some instances, with a form.
Note: The email address you enter under Customer details will be your contact email address.
Step 3 - Approve the Domain Registration Agreement
When transferring a Generic top-level domain (gTLD), you need to approve the Domain Registration Agreement.
The agreement is required by ICANN and explains our obligations to you and your obligations to us when it comes to your domain.
An email with a link to approve the agreement will be sent to the same address where you received the authorisation code.
Step 4 - Confirm the transfer
For most domains, you must confirm the transfer by entering an Auth-ID sent to you by your current registrar.
You can find instructions in the email order confirmation we sent you.
It can take several days until the domain is transferred to one.com after you have approved the transfer. How long depends on the kind of domain.
You are welcome to contact our chat support if you have questions.
Tip: Ask your current registrar to change the domain's name servers to ours. Then you can start with your website right away. Our name servers are: ns01.one.com and ns02.one.com.