With Email migration, you can copy emails from one email account to another account that is created on the domain hosted with One.com. You can migrate both from external accounts, like Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo, as well as internal accounts that are hosted with one.com.
Both emails and folders are migrated. The emails are placed in a folder with the name of the account you are migrating from.
- Log in to Webmail with the account you want to migrate the emails to.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top of the screen.
- Click Import emails in the menu to the left of your screen.
- Click Get Started to go to the migration page.
- Enter the email address that you want to import from.
- Click Next.
- You will now be redirected to a secure login page where you need to enter your password and allow the migration tool access to the account.
- The migration is now in progress. It can take up to 2 days before it is completed. While the migration is in progress the folder from the migrated account is already visible, but it won't have all your emails yet.
Tip: If you are on a mobile or tablet; tap the menu in the top left corner. Next tap Mail, also in the top left corner and then Settings. Tap the two arrows in the settings menu to open the migration tool.
Frequently asked questions
Where are my emails placed?
The emails (and folders) are placed in a folder with the name of the account you are migrating from. The folder is created automatically when you start the migration. When the migration is done, you can move the emails and folders to other locations on your account.
Can I migrate emails from the same account?
No, this isn't possible because both accounts need to be active to start the migration, and an account cannot be active in two places. If you want to migrate emails during a domain transfer, we recommend setting up your account with IMAP in a local client (such as Outlook, Mail, etc.) and making a backup there.
Will emails be removed from the account I am migrating from?
No, the emails are copied. Nothing changes on the account that you are migrating from.
From which email providers can I migrate emails?
You can migrate from providers that support Shuttlecloud, check their website for a list of supported providers.
It seems that not all my emails were migrated.
If emails or folders are missing, this usually means that the migration hasn't been completed yet. Go to Settings > Email migration to see if it's still ongoing.
How many email migrations can I do?
You can migrate as many mail accounts as you want, but only one email account at a time. Once the migration is completed, you can start another migration.