If you want to give your customers a discount or attract visitors with a special promotion, you can do this with a discount code. You can create the code from the Online Shop dashboard.
Customers who have such a code can enter it during checkout to get free shipping or a discount on their purchases.
- Step 1 - Find Discount codes
- Step 2 - Click Add discount
- Step 3 - Create your discount code
- Step 4 - Review your code
- Step 5 - Done!
Step 1 - Find Discount codes
- Go to the Online Shop dashboard and find Marketing in the left-side menu.
- Select Discount codes.
Step 2 - Click Add discount
You will now see an overview of all discount codes that have been created. Click on the button Add discount to create a new one.
Tip: You can also edit an existing discount code, for example, if you want to reactivate it. To permanently delete a code, tick the box to select it and click Delete in the top-right corner.
Step 3 - Create your discount code
You need to specify the following settings:
- Discount code - This is the name of your discount and the code your customers need to enter to redeem it. Spaces are not allowed.
- Discount type - Choose if the code should offer free shipping or a percentage as the discount.
- Shipping destination - If you select free shipping, you can specify if the discount is valid for all countries you ship to or only for specific regions and countries.
- Discount value - If you have selected a percentage, you need to specify how much discount the code should give. You should also choose if the discount applies to the entire order, specific products or categories.
- Minimum purchase - You can select a minimum amount the customer needs to spend to use the discount code or a minimum number of items.
- Usage limit - You can limit the number of times the discount code can be used. This is not restricted to a customer, meaning one can use the code several times.
- Valid from - Here, you can set the date from when the code is valid, for example, if you want to start a sale after the holiday season. You can specify an end date from when the code is no longer valid or tick the No end date box. If you don't set an end date, it is valid indefinitely or until the usage limit has been reached.
Step 4 - Review your code
Once you've entered the details for your code, you can see a summary of the discount on the right side of your screen. Check if everything is as you want it.
Click Save in the top-right corner when you're done.
Step 5 - Done!
Customers can now use the discount code in your Online Shop. When you go to the cart, there is an option to enter the code. If the code is valid, this will be visible right away in the payment overview.