- Step 1 - Select the text
- Step 2 - Click the link icon
- Step 3 - Choose where you want to link to
- Step 4 - Select if the link should open in a new window
- Step 5 - That's it!
Step 1 - Select the text
- Click on the text component to select it and click the Edit text button that appears.
- Select the text that you want to make into a link.
Step 2 - Click the link icon
Click the link icon in the menu above or below the image. It looks like a chain.
Step 3 - Choose where you want to link to
You can link to different items; choose where you want to link to.
- Page in Website Builder - Link to an existing page in Website Builder, for example your contact page.
- File - Link to a file that is shopd on your web space, for example a pdf with your terms of business.
- External URL - Link to another website, maybe to an interesting article or guide.
- Email - Enter an email address that you want to link to. If a visitor clicks this link a new email is started in the users default email program.
Step 4 - Select if the link should open in a new window
You can choose to make the link open in a new browser window. This can be a good idea if you are linking to an external site. That way your visitor still has your site opened.
- Check the box in the bottom left corner, if you want to open the link in a new tab.
- Click Save to create the link.
Step 5 - That's it!
The link is created, click Publish to make your changes available online.
Tip: How the link looks is determined by your Global link styles.