We've made it easy for you to create links on your Website Builder site. This guide will show you how to insert a link into a text.
- Step 1 - Select the text
- Step 2 - Find the link options
- Step 3 - Choose where you want to link to
- Step 4 - Select if the link should open in a new window
- Step 5 - That's it!
Step 1 - Select the text
- Click on the text component to select it and click the Edit text button.
- Select the text that you want to make into a link.
Step 2 - Find the link options
Click the link icon in the menu above or below the image (the small chain) or click Link in the floating menu that appears.
Step 3 - Choose where you want to link to
You can link to different items; choose where to link.
- Page - Link to an existing page in Website Builder, for example, your contact page.
- Section link - Link to a page and a specific section of that page in Website Builder.
- File - Link to a file saved on your web space, for example, a pdf with your terms of business.
- External URL - Link to another website or maybe an interesting article or guide.
- Email - Enter an email address that you want to link to. A new email is started in the user's default email program if a visitor clicks this link.
- Phone number - Insert a click-to-call link on your site. This makes it possible to call the number you enter directly if the visitor is viewing your site via a phone or a tablet.
- Location - Create a map link to a specific location. The link will open the location in the user's default map application.
Step 4 - Select if the link should open in a new window
You can choose to make the link open in a new browser window. This can be a good idea if you link to an external site. That way, your visitor still has your site open.
- Check the box in the bottom left corner if you want the link to open in a new tab.
- Click Save to create the link.
Step 5 - That's it!
Once the link is created, click Publish to make your changes available online.
Note: The look and editing options of the link are determined by your chosen template and whether or not you have enabled the colour theme function.