When you share a URL of your Website Builder site on social media, it will automatically display a title and text from your site using open graph technology, or Twitter Cards if you share via Twitter. To optimise how your social share looks, you need to make sure your site has a title, a description and you've set a social sharing image.
The description is taken from the meta description you entered under Page settings > SEO. If you didn't enter any text there, it will be generated automatically using the content on your page.
- Check this guide for more information: How do I add a meta description in Website Builder?
Don't have access to Website Builder? You can try it out for free for 14 days and create a website in no time. Start your free trial now
To add a social sharing image for your site:
- Log in to the control panel and open Website Builder.
- Click the menu in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Click Social Share in the menu to the left.
- Select an image that should be part of your social share.
- If everything looks good under Preview, click Done.
- Click Save and Publish to make your changes visible online.
Tip: You can also set an image for your social share on page level under "Page settings" > "Social share". This can be useful if you want to share a specific page, like your Online Shop.