When you share a URL of your Website Builder site on social media, it will automatically display a title and text from your site using open graph technology. To optimise how your social share looks, you need to make sure your site has a title, a description and you've set a social sharing image.
The description is taken from the meta description you entered under Page settings > SEO. If you didn't enter any text there, it will be generated automatically using the content on your page.
- Check this guide for more information: How do I add a meta description in Website Builder?
To add a social sharing image for your site:
- Log in to the control panel and open Website Builder.
- Click the menu in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Click Social Share in the menu to the left.
- Select an image that should be part of your social share.
- If everything looks good under Preview, click Done.
- Click Save and Publish to make your changes visible online.
Tip: You can also set an image for your social share on page level under "Page settings" > "Social share". This can be useful if you want to share a specific page, like your Online Shop.