If you have issues with payment methods in your Online Shop not working, this is usually because the payment method isn't properly activated in Stripe.
Tip: First you need to connect your Online Shop to a Stripe account. Check our guide for more information: Getting started with Stripe.
To check if a payment method is active:
- Log in to your Stripe Dashboard.
- Click Settings in the menu to the left, all the way at the bottom.
- Next, click Payment Methods in the middle of the screen.
You should now see an overview of all online payment methods that are available, and whether they are active.
Note: You can only activate the following payment methods: credit card, Bancontact, Giropay, iDeal and Sofort. Other methods available in Stripe cannot be used in the Online Shop from one.com.
- "Live" indicates that the method is activated on your account and you can receive payments. You might still need to configure it, in that case, there is a button to the right called "Configure".
- "Pending" indicates that the activation request is being processed - this should not take more than 48 hours. If it takes longer, you need to get in touch with Stripe support.
- "Additional information required" indicates that you need to provide more information to activate the payment method. Click the "Provide info" button to the right.
- "Testmode" indicates that the payment method isn't active. Click the "Activate" button to the right to start the activation process.