This step-by-step guide explains how to transfer your .no domain to one.com.
Checklist before transferring your .no domain:
- Check the domain owner at Norid.no, and check if a company or a private person owns the domain. If the current owner is a private person, the owner details will not be shown in Norid.no due to GDPR. It will only reveal that the domain is privately owned and the email address that belongs to the owner.
- Check who has the signatory rights in the company that owns the domain at brreg.no if the owner is a company.
- If a company owns the domain, you must add the domain's current owner in the order. If it's privately owned, choose private and add the current domain owner in the order.
Step 1 - Request an authorization code (Auth-ID/Auth-Code/EPP Code)
When you transfer a .no domain to another registrar, you need an Auth-Code. The Auth-Code will be sent to the email address registered on your domain. You can see which email by searching for the domain on Norid.no
- Contact your current registrar, usually your hosting provider, and request the authorization code.
- Make sure you have received the email with the Auth-Code in your inbox.
Tip: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database, and emails. Only your domain is transferred; you must manually move your website, database, and email content.
Step 2 - Place an order on our website
The next step is to place an order for web hosting on our website and activate it.
- Type in your domain at the top of our website and click enter.
- On the next page click Transfer.
- Click on Continue
- Select the package you want and click on Continue to proceed with the order.
You must add the current domain owner in the order, and the contact person must be a person with signatory rights in brreg.no. You can check who owns the domain by searching for it on Norid.no
If you want to change ownership of your domain, you can either do it with your current registrar before transferring or with one.com after your domain is transferred to us.
After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email.
Tip: The email address that you enter under Customer details will be your contact email address.
Step 3 - Enter the authorization code
To complete the transfer you need to provide us with the authorization code.
- Open the confirmation email you received from us.
- Click Go to the domain transfer page.
- Paste the authorization code (Auth-Code) in the empty field and click Transfer.
Your domain will now be transferred within 24 hours.
You can also send the Auth-Code directly by email to our Support