Follow this guide to set up your email account with IMAP in Outlook 2016/2019.
- Step 1 - Open Outlook and click File
- Step 2 - Click Add Account
- Step 3 - Type in your email address
- Step 4 - Enter your password
- Step 5 - Close automatic setup
- Step 6 - Go to File again
- Step 7 - Go to Account Name and Sync Settings
- Step 8 - Set the Root folder path
- Step 9 - You are done!
Step 1 - Open Outlook and click File
Open Outlook on your computer and click File in the top left corner.
Step 2 - Click Add Account
Click Add Account to start setup.
Step 3 - Type in your email address
Type in the email address you want to add and click Connect.
Step 4 - Enter your password
- Type in your password (the password that you also use to log in to Webmail).
- Click Connect to continue.
Note: If Outlook cannot detect your settings automatically, please select IMAP and then enter the settings below, or check our troubleshooting guide for alternative settings.
Incoming mail: imap.one.com - 993 - SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail: send.one.com - 465 - SSL/TLS
Step 5 - Close automatic setup
Click Done to complete the setup.
Step 6 - Go to File again
Your email account is set up, but now you also need to add an additional setting to make sure all emails are delivered to the correct folders.
Go to File again.
Step 7 - Go to Account Name and Sync Settings
- Select the email you want to check the settings for in the drop-down bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Account Settings.
- Select Account Name and Sync Settings in the drop-down menu that appears.
Step 8 - Set the Root folder path
- Under Folder settings, type in INBOX as the Root folder path, all in capitals.
- Click Next to save your settings.
Step 9 - You are done!
Click Done and go to your inbox. Here you can see that all folders are now on the same level as your inbox.