Want to display several images on your website? With the Website Builder Gallery component, you can insert several images on your site in a grid or arranged in a slideshow. This guide will show you how to add the component to your page and adjust it to your liking.
- Insert the Gallery component on your site
- Change images and add new ones
- Settings of the Gallery component
Insert the Gallery component on your site
- Open Website Builder from the one.com control panel.
- Go to Gallery in the left-side menu and select a gallery variant.
- Drag the component onto your workspace and drop it where you want to place your gallery.
- Select the images you want to insert or upload them from your computer or an external URL. Click Add to page in the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Adjust the size and placement of the gallery component to your liking.
- Click Gallery settings on top of the component to adjust the settings of your gallery.
- Click Save and Publish to make the image visible on your site.
Change images and add new ones
Two tabs will appear when you click on the inserted component: Gallery settings and Change images.
Click the Change images tab to change the images of your gallery. You can remove an image by clicking on the bin icon in the corner of it or edit it by clicking the pencil icon.
You can also add new images to the gallery by clicking Add images in the top-right corner.
Settings of the Gallery component
Two menus will appear when you click the Gallery settings tab on the component. Here, you can change the following options:
1 - Top/bottom menu
- Columns - Adjust the number of columns.
- Spacing - Adjust the white space between the images.
- Crop - Check this box if images should be cropped, so they all have the same size in the gallery.
- Compact view - Check this box if you want the images to be as close as possible within the blue margins.
- Full width - Check this box if you want the gallery to stretch over the entire width of your page.
2 - Floating menu
- On click - Select what should happen when a user clicks the image. Choose nothing, show a larger image or open a link.
- Captions - Select if you want to add captions to the images in the gallery. Click "Manage captions" to enter text and alt text. Choose if a caption should be outlined left, right or centred. You can also choose the caption style - the options here are classic, template and custom.
- Image style - Here, you can change the ratio of your image, for example, to landscape or portrait. You can also add borders and rounded corners.
- Full width - Here, you can adjust the entire width of the gallery to be outside the blue margins (full width) or inside them (default).
- Mobile view - If the image is part of your template, you can lock it to the bottom of the page. Open the Mobile view editor if you want to do other things, like hide an image in mobile view.