The name servers determine what DNS provider your domain is using. If you have a web hosting subscription with One.com, your default name servers are ns01.one.com and ns02.one.com.
- What happens when you change the name servers?
- Change the name servers from the control panel
- Change the name servers with a PDF form
- Change the name servers for .dk and .es domains
What happens when you change the name servers?
When you change the name servers for your domain to those of a third party, all features that are included with your web hosting subscription will stop working - for example, the Online store, One Photo gallery and email.
That's why we recommend that you keep the One.com name servers, when possible. If you want to connect to an external service, it's often possible to achieve the same result by changing your DNS settings. You are welcome to contact our support for assistance.
Note: If you have a domain-only subscription with us, then changing the name servers doesn't disable any features, because web hosting is not part of your subscription.
Change the nameservers from the control panel
You can change the name servers for most domains from the One.com control panel under DNS. Do you want to change the name servers for .dk or .es domains? Check further down this page how to do this.
- Log into the One.com control panel.
- Click DNS settings on the Advanced settings tile.
- Go to Name servers.
- Select the option Change to custom name servers.
- Enter the first name server, and optionally an IP address.
- Repeat the process for your second name server. It needs to be different from the first one.
- Click Save to send your request to our Hostmaster team to be processed.
If everything is correct, then the name servers will be changed within 5 minutes. However, it can take up to 24 hours until the changes are in effect.
Note: If the domain owner is different from the person who manages the subscription, or if the contact email address is different from the registrant email address, the name server change needs to be approved by the domain owner.
In that case, we will send an email to the registrant email address with a link to approve the request. Do you wonder what the current details are? Check our guide: Where can I find my current owner details?
Change the name servers with a PDF form
If you are not able to change your name servers from the One.com control panel, for example, when your subscription has expired, you can use a PDF form for this.
Note that it is the entity that is registered as the owner of the domain, who needs to sign the form.
- Download the form: Request to change name servers.
- Fill out the registrant details and type in the name servers, we need at least 2.
- Print out the form.
- Sign the form with a pen - digital signatures are not allowed.
- Make a scan or digital photo of the signed form and email it to email@example.com.
We will answer your email within 24 hours, but it can take up to three working days before the form has been processed and the name servers are updated.
Change the name servers for .dk and .es domains
You need to change the name servers yourself with DK-Hostmaster (the registry for .dk domains), from their self-service.
The following guides created by DK-Hostmaster may be useful for you:
You can change the name servers for .es domains yourself by logging in on Dominios.es, or by filling out the PDF form so that we can change it on your behalf.
The following links may be useful for you: