By adding the Facebook pixel to your online shop in Website Builder you can track the behaviour of your visitors and create targeted campaigns. In this guide, we show you how to create the pixel and how to add it to Website Builder.
- Step 1 - Create the Facebook pixel for your website
- Step 2 - Add the code to your Website Builder site
- Step 3 - Send test traffic to your site
Step 1 - Create the Facebook pixel for your website
Start by creating a Facebook pixel. You can do this from your Facebook account on Facebook Events Manager. If you have already created a pixel, continue to step 2.
- Open Facebook Events Manager.
- Click Get started under the Facebook pixel section.
- Type in the pixel name and the website URL where you have your shop, and click Create.
- In the window that opens, select Manually install pixel code yourself.
- Scroll down to step 2 and click on the Facebook pixel code to copy it.
Step 2 - Add the code to your Website Builder site
Now that you have created a Facebook pixel, you need to add the code to your site in Website Builder.
- Open Website Builder and select the page where you embedded your Online Shop.
- Drag the Code component in the page and paste in the pixel code you copied.
- Click Settings and type in a title for the code component for you to recognise it by.
- Then, in the window that opens click on Placement and select Before closing </head>.
- Save your changes and Publish your site.
Step 3 - Send test traffic to your site
To make sure that everything is installed correctly, Facebook recommends you to send test traffic.
- Return to the Facebook Event Manager Pixel code setup.
- Scroll down to step 4 and type in the URL of your online shop, for example, https://one-example.guide/shop.html and click on Send Test Traffic.
- When the status is shown as Active, you know the code has been installed correctly. Note that this process may take several minutes.