Having different types of content on your website makes it more interesting to your visitors which means that they stay on your website longer and are more likely to come back to it. Videos, for example, are a good option if you want to engage your website visitors with your company or project.
This article explains how you can easily add a YouTube video to your Website Builder website.
Step 1 - Select the YouTube widget
- Access your Website Builder in the one.com control panel. In your Website Builder dashboard, select Edit site.
- Go to the section of your website where you want to add the YouTube widget.
- Select Widgets in the menu on the left.
- Under Video, select YouTube.
Step 2 - Add a video
There are three ways to add a YouTube video to your website:
- Upload a video to YouTube
- Paste a link to a YouTube video
- Search for a video that you want to add
The steps below explain how to add a video with a link.
- Click on Paste a link to a YouTube video.
- Enter the URL (link) of the video and click Add video.
- That's it!
Note: The video will only be shown on your live website, if you save the changes and publish your updated website.
Step 3 - Edit the video settings
As with other components, you can change the size of the video widget by dragging its borders, so it ends up in the size it should have on your website. Furthermore, you can edit some specific video settings:
- Autoplay: If you activate this, the video will automatically start playing when someone visits your website.
- Repeat: If this is activated, the video will automatically start from the beginning again once the website visitor watched it to the end.
- Show controls: If you activate this, the YouTube buttons (for example, to play and pause) will show at the bottom of the video.
You can activate and deactivate these settings in a few easy steps.
- Select the video in Website Builder and click Video settings.
- Tick the boxes next to the different options to activate (checkmark will show in the box) or deactivate them (box is empty).
- Make sure to save your changes and publish your updated website so they show on your live website.
In the screenshot below, Autoplay and Show controls are activated, Repeat is deactivated.